Saturday 7 January 2012

My Week

No gardening this week, but it is January and I won't start sowing until March to be fair I could of gone out and done abit of tidying up but it was way to windy, but the wind has given me three broken fences so we need to sort them out before I start any planting.

I went for Lunch on Monday to The Hare at Lambourn Woodlands  www.theharerestaurant.co.uk/ the food was great yet again and the menu changes monthly and so you are always guaranteed seasonal food My starter was Duck and pistachio terrine with Asian slaw and  Hoisin glaze then for main I had Kelmscott pork fillet with leek and local truffle stuffing, braised red cabbage, Jerusalem artichoke Puree with a Redcurrant jus and for desert Warm sticky toffee pudding with white chocolate mascarpone mousse. I could not fault anything I had to eat.

On previous visits I have had the Fish and chips and they really are good crispy and the fish is so fresh and the homemade tarter sauce just makes it.

And what makes it even better is with my gourmet card www.gourmetsociety.co.uk/ you get 25% of the total bill can't get much better than that.

Wednesday

I made one of my favourites and the best thing is it's so easy and I make it days in advance and leave it in the fridge until Wednesday after my aerobics class

Vegetable Chilli

This recipe should feed a family of four
1tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Olive Oil
1x diced Onion
1 x Clove of Garlic
1x diced courgettes
1 x diced Green Peppers
1xdiced carrots
A tin of Red kidneys beans (I use baked beans)
A tin of tomatoes
A pinch of sugar if using the kidney beans (the baked beans already have sugar in the sauce)
Seasoning (pepper & salt)

Grated cheddar or parmesan

Serve with either

Pitta breads
Rice
Jacket potatoes

In a large saucepan and on a low heat add a splash of olive oil and add the onions and garlic stir to stop them burning

Add the peppers and courgettes and cook gently stirring occasionally until they soften

Add the tin of tomatoes and the paprika and cayenne pepper and sugar if you are using it.

Add the beans and season to your taste and simmer for a further 5 minutes

And serve with either granted cheddar or parmesan

You could eat it on it own or serve with either a jacket potato, rice or my favourite pitta breads

Or leave to cool before placing in the fridge until you want it then all you have to do is take it out of the fridge and heat it up and serve.

So easy but so nice


I'm afraid I've found no great special offers this week but watch this space; I'm always hunting them out


No comments:

Post a Comment