Saturday 28 January 2012

Not a homemade Thai Green Curry as planned

I’m sorry I never updated last week, I had hoped to make a Thai Green Curry with my homemade Green curry paste, but all did not go to plan as they only delivered my fresh ingredients for the paste today after having my order for over 2 weeks and it was a slight waste of time as half the ingredients were missing. What a waste of £6 for express delivery, I think it is time I found a different supplier.

So I’m still unable to make it today as need to pop too a big supermarket as still need basil & coriander and shallots and they won’t be Thai but nothing else I can do.

So I do hope to bring you Thai Green Curry sometime this week.

As I could not have my own Thai green curry this week, I went for the second best thing A fantastic Thai green curry at the greyhound pub in Siddington,   http://www.thegreyhound-inn.co.uk/. Tuesdays nights they have a special offer of a Thai Curry with rice and a drink for £7.50. I of course had the Thai Green curry but they have a number of different curries  and it truly is a good curry better than any of the Thai curry’s you get from any of the Thai restaurants in this area.

The Greyhound is just a very cosy pub with no frills but it offers great food (not just Thai curries) at affordable prices and the meat is all locally sourced so the quality remains high.

I had Friday of and went shopping in Bath and of course lunch is a must, Bath has some great restaurants but I keep returning to a chain of restaurants as I have always had a good meal there and really can not fault the food at Loch Fyne in Bath www.lochfyne-restaurants.com/restaurants/bath.

I always start with oysters as I just love them, but I do keep to the rule of don’t eat Oysters in a month without an R, namely May through to August some say the saying is outdated but I prefer to apply this rule.

Then I had half a lobster and I of course a bottle or two of white wine washed down with 25% of the whole bill with my gourmet card. http://www.gourmetsociety.co.uk/. I do love my discounts.




No comments:

Post a Comment