Sunday 5 February 2012

Comfort food





A few years ago when I was skiing in Austria I had a really nice dish at the top of a mountain.

When I got home I decided I wanted to have a go at making but I could not remember what it was called and I searched the net and could not find a recipe, so I decided to make it up.

So call it what you like a mis mash a sort of hash potato all I know is that when it minus seven below, it’s a great meal.

Ingredients

2 potatoes (diced)
1 Carrot (diced)
1 onion (diced)
1 Parsnip (diced)
(Any sort of root vegetable would be good)
A packet of bacon lardons
1 or 2 Eggs poached or fried
Olive oil


Put the olive oil in a roasting tray and place in the oven to get hot, once hot chuck in all the vegetable and bacon lardons and roast for 40 to 50 minutes. Giving it a few stirs from time to time.


Before serving fry or poach an egg or two.

Place the roasted vegetables and bacon on a plate and place the eggs on top so that when you cut into the egg the yolk it goes all over the vegetable. (don’t forget salt & pepper)

I also serve it will tomato ketchup.

Yum yum

So simple but great comfort food.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment