Tuesday 17 July 2012

Waste not want not -Pea-pod soup

Waste not want not 


My peas are finally ready for picking well truth be told I have been picking them for the last week and eating them raw while I’m in the garden.The peas were picked for Sunday lunch with roast chicken but I was I was left with the lush green pods that smelt so good and it would have been a shame just to stick them in a composter so decided to make
Peapod soup 



And it could not of be easier and really tasty
 All I needed was


1 onion (chopped )
2 oz. (60 g) butter
1 large potato, peeled and sliced (mine came out of the garden)
A pint of Chicken stock & Vegetable stock (I used a mixture of both but if you want to use all vegetable then it won’t make much different and vice versa)  
Big handful of left over peapods (Roughly chopped)
Salt and pepper to your taste 






Place the butter and Onion in a saucepan and allow to soften. 4 -6 minutes
Add the potato, stock and peapods and bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
Take of the heat and place it in an electric blender and purée (go careful very hot).






Then place the soup though a sieve to remove the pod fibres.

Taste and season 


And serve or place in fridge and have it for lunch the next day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment