Sunday 26 August 2012

Hot Sizzling Mexican Chicken Fajitas

Hot Sizzling Mexican Chicken or Steak  Fajitas straight  from the garden






Everyone has their own way of making Fajitas, but this is my way, I don’t use a packet to spice the chicken or Steak as the packets contain so much salt. Fajias are great this time of year as it uses a lot of my salad & vegetables I grow.



For the vegetables

Slice the peppers and onions and set them aside   

 
 For the salsa

2  ripe tomatoes (peeled & chopped)a small bunch of fresh coriander or paisley (finely chopped)  Red Onion (finely chopped)1/4 Cucumber  (finely Chopped)

Place all the ingredients  in a bowl and give it a good stir to mix it all up
it tastes so fresh
I cook my meat and vegetables in different pans as it nicer when it comes to building the Fajitas        I also make my own guacamole but this is my version 

½- fresh chilli a few sprigs of fresh coriander1 ripe avocado (scooped out)1 lime a spoon full of the fresh salsa (as above)

Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until nice and smooth 

The meat

You can use steak or chicken I used both this time as had  a little of both in the freezer.

To make the spices 

1 red or green chilli 1/2 teaspoon chili powder1/2 teaspoon cumin 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes A clove of garlic crushed 1 tsp. red paprika1 tsp.Mustard seeds 

Dry fry the mustard seeds for 1 minutes and add to a food processor with the remaining ingredients and pulse until they are all mixed together.

slice the  beef or chicken into strips and add the spices and give it a good mix around so all the meat is covered and place to one side.

 
Time to cook up 

Heat a couple of tbsp oil in two pan. Throw in the chicken or steak and quickly brown all over, cook for a 10 minutes until cooked though the beef should not take as long but I suppose it up to you on how you want the steak cooked I like mine pink.


In the second pan  add the onion and peppers to the pan and cook until softened.

Now your ready to roll in warm tortillasI like to Spread a little mayo (some people use sour cream but I don't like it)then the guacamolethen the salsa meatvegetables and wrap Lush








No comments:

Post a Comment